children and young adults.
- New statistics show that one in five 11 to 12 year olds in Scotland were obese in 2004-05 (The Scottish Government)
- There were increases of about 3% in the numbers of obese and severely obese 12-year-olds 19.4% were considered obese and 11.2% severely obese. (The Scottish Government)
- 70% of obese children will become obese adults.
- An obese child has 100% higher risk of developing diabetes.
- In 2010 the obesity related cost to the NHS will be circa £3.6 billion.
- Less than 25% of school aged children get even 20 mins of vigorous daily activity.
Acti-fit promote's exercise in a positive and enjoyable way to children and adults alike.
It's my ambition to encourage people of all ages to participate in sport and keep fit ,this led me to start up my own business.